Introducing a competition style lacrosse contest
Mirrored after Surf and Skate competitions, where the athletes are judged based on their individual performance. The LX Games uses a point system to determine player rankings. At the end, the Top 3 players in each division will be awarded trophies and prizes.
- 7 v 7
- 22-25 min. games
- 2-3 games a night
- New teams each night
How it Works
League is comprised of 6 rounds and those rounds are made up of 2-3 games with players looking to lock in their average score of two games.
A panel of judges scores each player on a scale of 1 to 10 that is determined by their play during the game.
The two scoring games (each out of a possible 10) are added together to become a players round total (out of a possible 20).
After each round players will be ranked based on the average of their nightly Round totals.
Rankings are overall and are not based on position.
The top 3 ranked players will receive a Trophy and a prize given by our sponsor, True Sports.
Judges analyze the following elements when scoring plays:
- Shot Selection and degree of difficulty
- Dodging Threat to score or pass
- Decision Making
- Commitment and effectiveness on the ride
- Playing without the ball: Creating space
- Commitment and effectiveness to Ground balls
- Understanding of offensive schemes.
- Approaches and positioning
- Sliding and recovering
- Ground balls and escapes
- Caused turnovers
- Advanced stickwork
- Tracking the ball and hand-eye quickness
- Footwork, angles, and positioning
- Making saves on island shots and time and room shots.
- Leading a Defense: communicating Fire, Find and Fill.
- Get the Break Going: outlets and starting transition.
SCLA'S LACROSSE RANCH
1651 Oak Leaf St, Charleston, SC 29492
FROM MT. PLEASANT:
- Take 526 towards North Charleston/Savannah
- Exit Daniel Island #24
- Continue 1.3 Miles on Seven Farms Drive to Daniel Island Drive (Pass Governors Park on left, Publix on right, Family Circle Tennis Center on left)
- At first roundabout turn left onto Daniel Island Dr (Providence Baptist Church on Right/Holy Cross Episcopal Church on left)
- Continue 1.1 Miles to Oak Leaf St (Pass 5 stop signs, Berkeley County Library, Daniel Island School & Smythe Park/Lake)
- Turn Right onto Oak Leaf St and continue past the Crows Nest Community Pool.
- Turn Left at the end of Oak Leaf St. The Lax Ranch will be located on your right after 4 fields.
*Parking can be found alongside the road before you reach the fields and in front of the field 1.
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS